Spinstering at El Torero

K, so, if there's one thing in my life that's very important right now, it's queso. Yes, that pun was very much in tended. You might even say it was calculated. However, the meaning is still important. Queso dip is a big part of my life right now.

I texted Megan earlier this week to see about hanging out, and her response was this: "Can we QUESO!?" Of course we could queso. She also asked if I was free on saturday night, as if she didn't know that unless I'm hanging out with her, I'm always free on Saturday night. I write a spinsterhood blog after all.

As a side note, if you aren't following Megan on Twitter, you must find her and follow here: @MsMeganMitchell. You are welcome. Her thoughts and commentary on the world around her - especially swimwear - send me reeling with laughter on a regular basis.

Now, the queso. For a long time I wasn't a queso person, mostly on the grounds that "queso," in spanish actually just means "cheese," and I felt like everyone was saying "queso" as a more specific word than it actually is. I was in grammatical revolt, I tell you! Well, then I ate it one night when I was with my sister, and I wouldn't have cared if they called it "todos los quesos del mundo." It was excellent.

And now, my friends, El Torero has become one of my spinster hang spots, mostly because it is literally around the corner from my apartment. But also because they have excellent queso, they're cheap, and I saw a very attractive skinny Zach Galifianakis lookalike there last night. We're married now. Well, ok, maybe not, but I think he heard me trying to describe Kyary Pamyu Pamyu to Megan by singing "Candy Candy." Guys like that, right? Don't worry. We'll talk more about it tomorrow.

Other highlights included Megan's teaching me how to say "You're a Beefcake" and "I'm sorry I'm a fat American" in French. You know, in case I ever do make it to Paris.

Popular Posts