Atlanta Spinstering: Murals

Yesterday was a sweltering day here in Atlanta, and I decided that for some reason this was the perfect day to go to Underground Atlanta. Perhaps Sunday isn't the best day to go to Underground Atlanta, though, as maybe half of the vendors were closed. I did, however, get to see a store called "skillz," a photo backdrop of a gangsta rapper Spongebob, an airbrush tee shirt store, and a bumper sticker that read, "Make Gas Not War." I assume they didn't mean for everyone to eat beans instead of warring, but I can't be sure.

After somewhat of a scary trip to the subterranean destination, I decided to have a little walk to find some lunch. My search for food was unfruitful, but I did stumble upon a block of South Broad Street that had some pretty cool murals. A little googling later showed me that this block had been a project in itself, and I love it. I love the color story used in the top picture, the pattern play in the second, and the slogan in the third is awesome.

I was happier to get in the air conditioning of my car than I have been all summer when I was done, but I think happening upon these murals was a pretty good reward. Of course I had to share!

Popular Posts