A Tuesday Fashion Illustration

fashion-illustration-dress, sharpie-and-watercolor, pink-dress-illustration
Last night, after some experiments with very stinky resin, I decided I should do something much more calming. That is, I needed to do some watercoloring. The black glitter cat faces I'd tried to make with the resin turned out a bit deformed, making them perfect for leaving on coworkers' desks, but perhaps not great for making kitten-themed jewelry like I'd hoped.

Anyway, here is what I ended up drawing/painting with my watercolors. I particularly enjoyed adding the dotted pattern to the dress. Like many things I enjoy, I found it to be a sort of meditative activity. The whole thing is black fine tipped sharpie outline with watercolor filling.

In other spinsterly news, if you haven't had a Baby Ruth lately, you need to go out and get yourself one. But don't if you're allergic to peanuts. But if you aren't allergic to peanuts, get yourself a bag of minis. the entire bar may be a bit too much after all this time, but if you get a bag of minis, perhaps you, too, will wake up in the morning and find the little wrappers next to your bed. That's right. That actually happened to me. But they were so delicious.

Popular Posts