Spinster Screening (and shopping): Belle

teardrop-pearl-earrings, pearl-drop-earrings, belle-earrings
This past weekend, on the recommendation of my aunt Millie, I went to see Belle. The movie was excellent and engrossing and wonderful and everything I had expected. Gugu Mbatha-Raw was exquisite, and Penelope Wilton (AKA Matthew Crawley's Mother) played a spinster. Also, Draco Malfoy was in fine form with a long ponytail.

However wonderful the movie was, though, I think the real star was the jewelry. Namely, the pearl teardrop earrings. Everyone was wearing them, and the more I saw them the more I liked them. They dangled and trembled by Gugu Mbatha-Raw's flawless jawbones, and I thought...the spinsters must know!

So, today I've put together a little collage of some really excellent versions of the teardrop pearl earrings, from the very expensive to the more affordable. So, check them out!

1. Freshwater Pearl and Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver: $189, JTV.com
          Of course you had to expect that the first pair would be from JTV. But I really like these.

2. Cultured Freshwater Pearl Earrings: $161.10, Macy's
          Simple but totally wearable.

3. Freshwater Pearls and Sterling Silver: $59.99, Target
          You know I love the Target.

4. 10K Gold and Diamond Freshwater Pearl Earrings: $279.10, Amazon
          This is my favorite pair, and I can't promise I won't buy them after I finish writing this entry.

5. Faux Pearl Teardrop Earrings - Set of Five (!): $12.66, Overstock.com
          These are definitely the most affordable. Five pair in different colors for 12.66. At that price, you can wear a different pair every day of the workweek, OR you can think of four friends who might also need a little pizzaz in their lives.

6. Sterling Silver, CZ, and White Rice Cultured Pearls: $47, Walmart.com
          I mean, you're already at WalMart right now, aren't you? Just roll up in that jewelry department and get yourself some earrings.

7. Kenneth Jay Lane Crystal Bow Teardrop Pearl Earrings: $77, Thomas Laine
          If I'm not mistaken, these are clip ons. My dad gave me a pair of Kenneth Jay Lane earrings for Valentine's Day, and I love them. If these feel half as fancy as those, I highly recommend them.

8. Belle Epoque Bow and Pearl Drop Earrings: $50, Metropolitain Museum of Art Store
          I miss the Metropolitan Museum of Art. A lot. These earrings, though, look like they've been ripped right out of a magnificent painting that hangs there on the wall. Really nice.

9. White Pearl Drop Earrings: $23, JewelToGo on Etsy
          In case you need a little more dangle to your drop earrings.

So there are the earrings. I hope you enjoy them and can wear some with your bathrobe and possibly also out of the house.

Popular Posts