Monday Fun: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

First thing first, today's drawing is wildly creepy, but I guess that's what happens when western girls try to be Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. My face is not nearly as cute as hers when adorned with those bangs and pigtails.

Now that that's over, let's talk about the fun stuff! A few years ago, a friend that I met while taking a class at UCB sent me an email with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's video "Candy Candy," and I'll be honest, I did not know what to make of it. And then I sort of forgot about it. Then, about a week ago, I was watching some Kids React videos, and I happened upon "Kids React to 'Pon Pon Pon.'" I have to say, their little captions and commentary got me curious. So, I navigated on over to the "Pon Pon Pon" video and watched it and, of course, I felt like I was on some Beatles-era drugs.

If you haven't been clicking on the links throughout this entry so far, I think I can best describe Kyary Pamyu Pamyu as a sort of cutesy Japanese cross between Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. She's all about a crazy costume, as she got her start as a fashion blogger of Harijuku and is, as Gwen Stefani has taught me (at minute 3:40), "super Kawaii." I must say, I am really jealous that she made it from a high school fashion blogger to making her own crazy Gaga/Perry videos. Someone...can we please make this happen for the spinster? I don't really need that many costumes. Just some fancy bathrobes and sweatpants.

So, I'm just warning you. I know I've done some ASMR videos, but the next thing may have to be a music video...just prepare yourself. It won't be tomorrow, though, so don't gird your loins just yet.

And now, friends, so you don't have to click on any links, I leave you with my favorite from Kyary Pamyu Pamyu: "Fashion Monster." Enjoy!

Popular Posts