Spinster Love: Peanut Butter M&Ms

The other day I was listening to Morning Edition on the way to work, and David Kestenbaum was talking about buying M&Ms. In my not-so-humble opinion, I don't understand why anyone ever buys the plain M&Ms except to use in recipes for, say, pizza cookies. There are so many more options, one of which Kestenbaum was discussing. That is, the delicious peanut butter M&M. As it turns out, there are fewer peanut butter M&Ms in the single-serving sized bags than there are in the plain M&Ms pouches of the same time. But I'll let you listen to Kestenbaum tell it. He does it much better.

However, after I heard such a detailed discussion of Peanut Butter M&Ms, I knew I would soon buy my own bag. But let's be real, I wasn't going to buy a little. It's the large bag for this spinster. I am not playing around with this chocolate business.

I'm here to tell you that I think the Peanut Butter M&Ms purchase may just have been the best choice I made all week. By far. Compared to that purchase, everything else I've done seems deeply questionable.

If you have, like I had, let the thought of peanut butter M&Ms slip to the back of your mind, I suggest you go get yourself a bag. In fact, why don't you go all out? Get a tube of cookie dough, a pizza pan, and some peanut butter M&Ms and make yourself a pizza cookie today. Ain't no shame, girl. It's Saturday and you do what you want!

Popular Posts