Top five ways to deal with Spinsomnia

spinsomnia, insomnia, reading, girl-reading, read-a-book
Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved to sleep. Sleep is not only one of my favorite hobbies, but it's also the way I like to deal with pretty much any strong emotion. As such, you can imagine my horror at my total lack of solid sleep for the past few days. But, like anything else, I feel I should help the other spinsters out there with my experience and misfortune. As such, today I present you with my top five ways to deal with what I like to call "spinsomnia."

1. Play words with friends
          With all this extra time, you can try as many letter combinations as you'd like, all while your opponent is asleep. I'm happy to say that because of this week's insomnia, I finally beat my friend Kristen at Words with Friends. It was a proud moment, even if it was 3:04 AM.

2. Take to the Twitter Sphere. 
          If you search the hashtags #cantsleep and #insomnia, you'll find a world of other people who are also completely without sleep and just as frustrated as - if not more than - you are. Don't try to communicate with them. Just read about how they're also having trouble sleeping. Most of them are worse off than you are. Also, I generally find that those who 

3. Have a Snack:
          Perhaps this isn't what you should do, but it's what I did do. In the wee hours of Sunday morning, I ate half a box of gluten free mini chocolate chip cookies, and they were magnificent. I don't think it was all that bad of a decision.

4. Get Cold:
          I don't know why, but I feel more like sleeping when I'm cold. And, as you may know, half the time I'm waking up because my feet are hot anyway.

5. Read a book:
          Since my move to Atlanta, I've had a very hard time figuring out when I'm supposed to read. In New York, I used my commute to use, but now that I drive to work, I can't be reading behind the wheel. With all this loss of sleep, though, I'm getting quite a bit more reading done than I was just a week ago. Brilliant! The downside, though, is that I'm reading quite a good book, and it doesn't make me sleepy at all.

I know, you were thinking this was going to be a funny post. Unfortunately, with my lack of sleep, I'm running on funny fumes. 

More tomorrow!


Popular Posts