On the Fourth Day of Christmas...

"On the Fourth Day of Christmas, the Spinster gave to me four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a portrait of a pear and me."


So, in the original text of this song, apparently it's actually "four Colly Birds," instead of "four calling birds." However, upon further research, I discovered that a Colly Bird is just a common blackbird. So, I married the two, making it a common blackbird, calling out "Hey!"

At this point, I'm starting to wonder where the recipient of all these gifts was putting all these birds. I mean, sure, the hens you can eat, but I wouldn't think blackbirds would be very tasty. And if they're calling out, you wouldn't really want them in the house. I'm just sayin'. Is this person really a true love, or are they an animal hoarding enabler?

Popular Posts