On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

"On the eighth day of Christmas, the spinster gave to me, eight maids a milking, seven swans-a-swimming, six geese-a-laying, fiiiiiive golden rings, four calling birds, three french  hens, two turtle doves, and a portrait of a pear and me!

Ok, so admittedly today's gif is a little less than imaginative. That's why I added the somersaulting dairy maid at the end. But there is something more worrisome about this verse than my lack of Christmas gif creativity. This woman's true love gave her eight maids-a-milking. That's eight humans he gifted to her. Slaves? And does she even have enough cows for this? Or goats? Don't tell me she has enough babies to warrant eight wet nurses.

I am concerned. So, again, if you're hoping to woo this spinster this Christmas, please, don't send me milkmaids. I have nowhere to put them. I certainly don't wan them to live with me. Also, I'm lactose intolerant, so…yeah.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more gifs and commentary on what must be the craziest song of the season.


Popular Posts