On the Third Day of Christmas….

three-french-hens, 3-french-hens, french-hens-gif
"On the third day of Christmas, the Spinster gave to me, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a portrait of a pear and me."


If you click on today's gif, you can see it a little larger.

Admittedly, I took the cheesy, cliche route for today's 12 days of christmas gif, but with as many times as this song has been illustrated, there is probably no new way to interpret this part of the song. I thought about doing three french men instead of hens, but I figured I'd just keep with the original lyrics.

So, let's talk a moment about what makes them french. The first hen is a little plump and is holding a baguette. That's french, right? The second one is skinnier and is smoking. Definitely french. The third one is wearing a beret. I mean…clearly all french people wear berets all day every day. Stay tuned for tomorrow's Christmas Gif!

Popular Posts