On the Second Day of Christmas...

"On the Second Day of Christmas, the Spinster gave to me, two turtle doves and a  portrait of a pear and me." 

If you've watched Home Alone as many times as I have, I don't need to explain this gif to you. However, if you're less familiar with the misadventures of Kevin McCallister, I'll afford you a little history lesson. 

In Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Kevin goes to a fictitious toy store in Manhattan called Duncan's Toy Chest. While he's in the store, he meets Mr. Duncan himself, and Duncan gives Kevin two turtle dove christmas ornaments. It's a sweet moment in the movie, but the reason I always remember it is the way Duncan actually says "turtle dove." I don't know why, but after he says it, I just need to say it just like he does.

Now, say it with me. "Turtle dove." Not quite sure how he says it? Don't' worry, I'll link you to the video. Check out Mr. Duncan and his Turtle Doves here.

I think you know what's coming tomorrow…Happy Holidays!

Popular Posts