Spinster Shopping: Invest in a Vest

In college, my friend Leah had a green down-filled vest that she absolutely loved. I had never owned a puffer vest, so I wasn't aware of the wonder that such a garment could provide. About a month ago, though, I found myself at the Gap Outlet, trying on a herringbone-textured puffer vest with a detachable hood, and I knew it must be mine. A month later, I feel I fully understand Leah's love affair with the green vest. I can't understand how I've gone so long without one. Not only is it warm and cozy, but it also wonderfully camouflages my muffin top and the chunk sitch in general.

Looking around the internet, I've discovered there is a wealth of options from texture to pattern to color. The world is your puffy-vested oyster! So, I decided to make you a shopping guide. I tried to include a range of options while still keeping them all under the $150 mark. Even though we spinsters are allowed to spend our money how we please, that doesn't mean we have to spend it all on a puffer vest.

Now, before you scroll down and click on all the links, I'll advise you that if you'd like a larger view of the shopping guide, all you need to do is open it in a new tab. There you'll be able to enlarge the image and zoom in to get a closer look.

Happy Shopping!


1. Fur Trim Down Puffer Vest: $98, Gap

2. Women Ultra Light Down Printed Vest: $49.90, Uniqlo

3. Women's Puffer Vest: $10.88, WalMart

4. Marc New York Performance Knit Puffer Vest: $88, Lord and Taylor

5. Excursion Quilted Down Vest: $120, J.Crew

6. PrimaLoft Luxe Floral Puffer Vest: $52.99, Gap

7. Pack Away Puffer Vest: $69, Joe Fresh

8. Michael Michael Kors Houndstooth Vest: $122.50, Lord and Taylor

9. Charter Club Polka-Dot Quilted Vest: $29.99, Macy's

10. Goose Down Vest: $79, L.L. Bean

11. Padded Body Warmer: $49.95, H&M

12. Women Down Printed Vest: $59.90, Uniqlo

Popular Posts