Spinster Love: Makeup Genius by L'Oreal Paris

So, the other day I was watching some SNL on Hulu, and I kept getting a commercial about the L'Oreal Makeup Genius App. From the Ad, I figured it was a pretty cool new version of what was once Cosmopolitan Virtual Makeover. As you can see from my screen shot above, though, it is so much more. So. Much. More.

The interface of the App is really easy to use. Instead of having to nudge your face up and down and try to make it fit into Cosmopolitan Virtual Makeover's very rigid template, all you have to do is hold still and keep a neutral face. Once your face is scanned, you're ready to roll!

Now, when applying the makeup to your face, you have two options. You can pick from the pre packaged looks they have available, or  you can apply the products to your face one by one. What you see here is an expert application done product by product with the expert hands of yours truly. I thought that a dark lip liner with a bright orange lipstick would do nicely, and I'm sure you all agree.

You'll notice in this photo that my face is actually angled, and not facing straight forward like a lot of its predecessors. It's actually really amazing. Once you've scanned your face, the makeup actually moves with you as you talk, look around, and make duck lips.

Once you've found a look you actually like, you can add the items to your shopping bag, and the app will tell you what they are. Perhaps next time you see me, I'll be wearing the delicious look above. Look out, fellas. The Spinster's on the loose!

Popular Posts