Spinster Workout: The Desk Peddler

After all the doughnuts I ate this weekend, I knew I needed a little workout. In fact, I need a little workout even when I haven't eaten the doughnuts. I have reached that stage of life where my metabolism seems to have come to a screeching halt. Thankfully, I had an Amazon Prime package waiting for me when I got home from work.

A week or so ago, the girl who sits next to me at work showed me a video of her brother sitting at his desk in his suit, hard at work while his feet peddled away on a desk peddler. Of course I knew I must have one. When I saw one was available for under $30, I ordered it on the spot.

The desk peddler arrived in a box within a box within a box, but thankfully it was already put together, so I didn't have to make any effort. I just set it up, put a pot on the stove, turned on Netflix, and away I went! Now I can work out and do Needlepoint at the same time!

According to this article on the Huffington Post, this isn't a real workout, and I have to say I agree. However, they do say it's better than just sitting there. Doing something is better than nothing. And, if you like the watch people work out and pretend you are participating, then the gif at the top of this post is for you. You're welcome.

Popular Posts