Spinster Screening: The Giver

After hearing Jeff Bridges talk about his love of Lois Lowry's The Giver on the Today Show, I decided to listen to the book on tape before seeing the movie. When will I learn? This was the first time, though, that after listening to the book I thought maybe I wouldn't see the movie. My thought was that I didn't really need to see someone riding a sled to know what it was like. However, when I heard Taylor Swift, my spirit animal, had a small part in the movie, I knew I'd have to see it.

Now, I won't spoil the movie or book for you, but I will say they differ a little (or potentially a lot). The ending, for one thing, is different, but much more exciting than the book. That is all I will say.

Taylor swift's role in this movie is indeed small, but it's still a bit larger than it would have been if this had been exactly like the book. As much as I love Taylor swift, though, I have to say I'm not sure acting is going to be her thing. Also, I think she should probably remain a blonde...or at least have bangs if she does change her hair color.

Now that I've said something that wasn't completely Taylor-laudatory, I'm going to finish today's post off with something she did that I love. I know, I shared it on The Spinsterhood Diaries Facebook page about a week ago, but I'm not even close to being sick of it yet, so below is her fun video. Enjoy!



And can somebody let me trade legs with Taylor Swift? Thank you. 

Popular Posts