Spinster Food: Gluten Free Spaghetti

When I first became gluten free, I tried a few of the name brand gluten free pastas. They were all right, but I wasn't all that impressed. But unless I wanted to look pregnant every time I had a craving for noodles, I had to make do. That is, until I discovered Kroger's gluten free spaghetti. It's cheaper than the name brands, and it is delicious. Last night I made a whole pack, and after I'd eaten a normal sized portion, I decided I needed to make sure the rest was still delicious by eating a few more forkfuls out of the pot. It was as good as it was in normal dinner wear.

In case you're wondering what, other than gluten free noodles, is the secret to my spaghetti success, I'm happy to let you know. Firstly, be a hungry spinster who will actually eat anything other than celery or olives. Secondly, check out this list that may or may not be loosely defined as a recipe.

Spinster Spaghetti.

What you need:
- gluten free spaghetti noodles (preferably from Kroger)
- 1 large can of Hunt's Pasta sauce
- minced garlic in the jar
- dried basil
- Salt
-Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese

What to do:
1. In a large pot, boil the water and then follow the directions on the back of the noodle package. Just boil all the noodles...but try not to eat them all in one sitting. It'll be tough, but if you resist, you can have them again for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner the next day.

2. Put some salt and olive oil in the pot while you're boiling the noodles.

3. When the noodles are done, pour them all into a large colander, and turn the burner to "low"

4. In the same pot you used to cook the noodles, pour all the tomato sauce, and put it on the "low" burner.

5. Pour the noodles back on top.

6. Add about a knife-full of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste (remember, you're making a giant pot, so be generous), and some basil.

7. Stir it all together until it all seems pretty warm, then sprinkle some parmesan cheese in and stir again.

8. Keep adding parmesan cheese until it's the consistency and warmth you'd like to eat, and then eat it...and try to save some for at least one more meal.

I'm pretty sure you all knew how to make spaghetti, but in writing down this "recipe," I got to relive my dinner one more time. Thank you for your indulgence.

Popular Posts