Surprise Portrait: Maria Nichol

Today's Surprise portrait is Glipho Staffer Maria Nichol. Every time there's a red carpet event, I look forward to Maria's Best and Worst Dressed post the next day. Because, really, who doesn't love a good best and worst dressed pictorial? No one. That's who.  Maria mostly blogs about celebrities and fashion on Glipho, and you can check her out here.

In addition to being a fun blogger, Maria is a pretty stylish lady. I friended her on facebook, and I like her style. She can pull off the red lipstick, the ombre hair, and even some nice blue tips, as you'll see in the illustration. But, I'm fairly sure she is not a spinster. It's ok. I like her anyway.

With regards to this portrait and the photoshop journey, I used a different brush on the hair this time, and i quite liked it. I mean, I don't think it was executed as well as it could have been, but it looks a little bit more like marker this time. Annnnd, I wish I'd done the line weight heavier. But, you live and learn, right?

Now I'm off to a spinster sunday. I'm potentially seeing Star Trek by myself. I'm fairly sure my future husband will also be seeing that movie by himself (because I'm guessing he's a nerd I may not have yet). The question is whether or not he'll be at the same theater I am.

Popular Posts