Where have all the muffins gone?

As you know, yesterday was Easter. So, on a facetime call to my sister and my niece to see my niece's indescribably cute outfit, complete with bunny ears, Rachel and I discussed a breakfast that was common to any birthday or holiday morning in our childhood: the old Duncan Hines Blueberry Streusel Muffin Mix.

The rest of the muffin may just be a regular muffin, but that little extra topping makes me feel like these are luxury, special occasion muffins. So, you can understand why we've been so upset that, in recent years, Rachel, my mom, and I have had some difficulty finding this special kind of breakfast treat deliciousness. That crunchy, crumbly topping was always Rachel's birthday breakfast request, and I'm pretty sure my mom had to make two boxes' worth because they go so fast. 

But (and I want you to sing this in your mind in the voice of Paula cole), where have all the muffins gone? Well, if you haven't tried making them yet, here you go: Duncan Hines Blueberry Streusel muffin mix.  Now, I'm hoping this is it, but I have to admit, the Blueberry Streusel muffins didn't use to be part of this "simple mornings" collection. Here's hoping they're still crunchy, crumbly, goodness.

If you haven't ever made these, you should. They're a special kind of delicious.

Popular Posts