Spinster Shopping: New Moccasins

Friday at work, Danielle, the girl who sits behind me, and I drooled over the new shoes Coach had posted on their website. Danielle wanted the blue and white woven-heeled ankle-strap sandals, and I loved the little moccasins in fun spring colors. But of course, we were just doing "research."

Saturday morning, I just really needed to spend some time at the Queens Center Mall. Sometimes I need to get a little bit of suburbia going on to feel a sense of peace and calm. I wandered through the makeup counters at Macy's, and I had a chair massage in the middle of the mall like the spinster I am. then, of course, I ate chinese food in the food court, surrounded by screaming children. How does make me feel calm, you ask. Well, I can't exactly say, but it does.

I was on my way to Urban Outfitters with some black tees in mind in case I needed to refresh my stock when I came upon the Coach store. That store gets me every time. It looks so clean, and it has such a nice, limited color story. It's white on the inside, and there are so man solid-colored bags displayed in well-lit compartments, I just feel like I need to be in there.

So, I stepped inside, and on the right wall about halfway into the store, I realized they had the shoes. The spring-colored moccasins were sitting there, asking me to put them on my feet. So, of course I had to oblige. And when I did, I knew there was no turning back. They felt like clouds on my feet. With soft soles that house little rubber nubs at the heel and pad of your foot, my little tootsies felt like they were having a massage.

"I'll take them," I said, and so I did. And I wore them for the rest of the weekend, and I'll be wearing them today. I bought a salmon-colored pair for no explainable reason other than that I liked it. Every spinster needs a fun-yet-extremely-comfortable pair of shoes. So, today, you should figure out how and where you can try on a pair. But be forewarned. One you put them on your feet, you won't want to take them off.

Popular Posts