Whaaaaat!? I cleaned my desk.

So, the true test came when I went to work yesterday and saw what you see above. The before photo. That's right. That's what my desk looked like when I left it on Wednesday afternoon. This should serve as proof that people were actually stopping by and commenting.

Well, when I woke up yesterday morning, I immediately cleaned off my bedside table, which was covered in tissues. Then I went around my apartment and picked up all the colored pencils that were strewn about, and threw away some random trash lying about. It felt good.

Then, I came to work. I have to admit that on my train ride, I was a little afraid I would immediately be overwhelmed by the amount of garbage I needed to organize on my desk. But when I got in, I blew my nose, threw away the tissue, checked my emails, and got to organizing. I moved a bunch of stuff to the basement, threw a lot of things away, and reorganized my desk. There's still a lot to be done, but as you can see below, I feel like I did quite well.

Sorry for the weird blurring. I felt I needed to protect my identity as well as the confidentiality of my work. So don't look too closely at anything.

But, all of this is to say that I really think the hypnosis worked. But, you know, I think it worked quite differently than I thought it would. I think they key to successful hypnosis might be wanting it to work. If you want it to work, and you go in believing it will work, then it will work. At least, that's what it sounded like coming from the Hypnotherapist yesterday.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud. I promise I'll be back to silly posts again soon, but today I had to show what I did. Especially to my mom, who has been dealing with the mess for more than a quarter of a century.

Popular Posts