Spinster Spring Break: My mom is coming!

Yesterday at work, someone told me my desk could be on an episode of "Hoarders." I can't say I disagree. I have a hard time figuring out what should be thrown away and what should be kept. Most of the problem has to do with the face that every time I get rid of something, someone needs to see that specific thing.

It should come as no surprise to you that my apartment is much the same way. It's been clean at times, but it's gotten really out of hand of late, and sometimes it makes me feel a little panic rising from between my shoulders, up and around my neck. I mean, when there's so much Netflix to watch, how how can I get any cleaning done at all?

But alas! My mom is coming to the rescue! She's coming tonight to help me take care of the situation, after which I will be hypnotized so that I can maintain the new found organization. No, really. I'm getting hypnotized. Don't worry. I'll tell you all about it.

So, I'm very excited. My mom and I will get to hang out, but while I'm at work, she's doing me the giant, giant service of cleaning and organizing and getting rid of all kinds of things I've been keeping for absolutely no reason. I know. She is saintly. I resisted for a very long time because it seems like much too large of a gift. I can't just answer by saying "you shouldn't have!"

I tell you all this to say I'm going to take a little break from "The Spinsterhood Diaries" for the rest of the week so I can get in some quality Mom-time. I'll be back next week!


Popular Posts