Gift Guide: Tiny Travelers

perfume-gift-guide, types-of-perfume, dolce-and-gabbana-dolce-perfume, perfume-gifts

I don't know how long rollerballs and fragrance pens have existed in the world of perfumes, but I just discovered them about five years ago. While I do like to have a full-sized bottle of my favorite scent, I do like to change it up every now and then. These miniature bottles of goodness are great for traveling, trying a new smell, quick scent refreshment, and of course gifting. The best thing is that they're almost always much less expensive than a full sized bottle (see #9, but I guess Chanel might always be the exception). I highly recommend these as gifts, stocking stuffers, or just a nice little treat for oneself. 

Today I've got a roundup of some fragrance that I know are loved by myself and others. I've linked from a bunch of different sites, but most of these can be found at any Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, or other fragrance counter. So, if you're looking to do a little sniff testing, I say start with these!

1. Marc Jacobs Fragrance: $28, Sephora
          This was one of the first fragrances I ever wore and loved. It's fairly expensive when you buy the whole bottle, but in this small size, you can afford to try it!

          I love how this comes with two different fragrances. You don't have to smell the same all the time, but you also don't have to worry about carrying a bunch of different bottles. Problem Solved!

          I have a rollerball of this, and I quite like it. However, do not put it on too heavily. A little goes a long way!

          This is my current fragrance of choice. It's light and fresh, and I love it. The tube for this rollerball is also very slim. Somehow I find that incredibly aesthetically pleasing. 

          I got this fragrance as an insert in my Nordstrom holiday catalog, and I quite like it. It's a new fragrance, and this is the perfect way to try it without committing. 

          This came out when my sister was in high school, I believe. By now, I think we can call it a classic. Still good after all these years. 

          Perhaps you've heard of Philosophy's "Hope in a Jar." I think that's probably their most recognizable product. Apparently it works great. But this is a fragrance post, and I have to say that the Celebrate Grace perfume smells magnificent. It's a really fresh, clean scent, and it could be a nice departure from your regular fragrant fare. 

          This is one of the other fragrances I found in the Nordstrom catalog. It's Tory Burch's first fragrance, and it's good stuff. 

          This is my mom's fragrance of choice. It's a bit of a thicker container, and it's not a roller ball, but would you expect anything less than special-ness from Chanel? Bonus: this travel size is refillable. 

          My coworker and desk neighbor Elise loves this scent, and I have to say there's not much of Tocca I don't like. This fragrance can get pricey by the fill size bottle, so the rollerball is perfect for gifting!

Popular Posts