Gift Guide: Pearly Girl

Where I'm from, people are big into pearls. Even if you're not into pearls, though, I think they're a staple for everyone's jewelry wardrobe. For a few seasons now, though, they've been pretty trendy, thanks to one Mr. Karl Lagerfeld. So, today, I've chosen a few less traditional ways to wear pearls this Holiday Season. I love them all, but I think #s 4, 5, and 7 are my favorites. Which ones do you love?


1. Kenneth Jay Lane Faux Pearl Tassel Necklace: $150, Net-A-Porter
          The pearly necklace meets the tassel trend. Channel your inner flapper with this lavaliere.

2. Kate Spade Hinge Bangle: $88, Amazon
          This excellent bracelet comes in this pearl version, but it's also available with rhinestones!

3. ASOS Faux Pearl Ring: $22.74, ASOS
          For the dainty jewelry lover on your holiday gift list. This is sterling silver covered in Gold with faux pearls. Very sweet.

4. Pearl Bar Pendant: $32, BaubleBar
          This is also a dainty item, and I think it's really on trend right now. It's minimal and great for a low-v top.

5. Rebecca Minkoff Imitation Pearl Earrings: $38, Bloomingdales
          These earrings seem so fresh and modern. Add these to my personal holiday wish list.

6. Kenneth Jay Lane Pearly Collar Necklace: $150, Neiman Marcus
          This necklace is for the bold jewelaholic of the bunch. It's big and chunky, and it would look great with a jewel neck top or sheath dress.

7. Triple Pearl Earcuffs: $25, jeweliq
          These are an excellent alternative to the basic pearl stud. They're not too much, but they're more than just a little.

8. Pearl Hair Spirals: $14, River Island
          As I mentioned in the DIY post, I think pearl hair pins are really pretty. These are another option to adorn your hair with oyster fruit.

9. Kenneth Jay Lane Pearl Choker: $50, Shopbop
          This is directly inspired by Chanel's Spring 2014 RTW Runway accessories.

10. Sam Edelman Pearly Punk Earrings: $26.95, 6PM
          For the pearly girl with little edge. These earrings feature spiky shaping, faux pearls, and rhinestones. Add a little bad girl to your classic style!

I named today's gift guide "Pearly Girl," and then all I could think of was the song "Carolina in the Morning." So, as a special treat, I've added a youtube video of the track. All of your former Palmetto Girls' State Delegates can thank me later.


Popular Posts