Gift Guide: Drugstore Gifts

shopping-for-gifts-at-the-drugstore, last-minute-gift-ideas, last-minute-gifts
After I posted yesterday's list of gift guides, one of my Glipho readers commented that he didn't know when he'd get any of his shopping done. Well, my guess is that there are a great many men - or people, really - who are thinking the same thing. While I highly recommend getting an Amazon Prime account and managing your christmas shopping that way (with all these gift guides, surely you've gotten a few ideas you can search on Amazon...), I acknowledge that there are some people who just cannot shop online and will also end up shopping at the last minute.

During my time in Astoria I, of course, became well acquainted with the virtues of shopping at the drugstore. There always seems to be one close by, and these days they are packed with things other than pharmaceuticals. So, dear readers, I bring you a guide to all sorts of things you can find at drugstores. I perused the websites of CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens to find some giftables for your consideration. CVS's photos were not as high-resolution as Walgreens' and Rite Aid's, so they only get one mention. However, the whole point of this guid is that you can buy all of these things in person at the drugstore, so perhaps none of that even matters.

Enough of my chitter chatter, though. Let's talk shopping!

1. Mr. Potato Head: $12.99 Rite Aid
          This item is great for kids and adults alike. Of course, unless you have some kind of special joke about Mr. Potato head with an adult friend, I suggest this item for boys and/or girls. It's a classic, and it promotes creativity.

          Just because you're shopping at the drugstore doesn't mean your gifts have to be cheap. This is a really nice cordless razor for the shaver on your list. If you need something a lot less expensive, I'll admit that I fresh pack of disposable razors in my Christmas stocking still delights me 

3. Hide-A-Key: $4.99, Walgreens
          I currently do not have a Hide-A-Key, and it makes me nervous. Though this rock isn't exactly realistic, if it's covered by shrubbery or pine straw, no one will be the wiser. 

         This is a great gift for your favorite elderly person or spinster. It's good for anyone who spends a lot of time sitting down, really. What's better than giving someone the gift of never searching for the remote again?

          Perfume is a classic drugstore gift. Of course Burberry Brit Sheer is one of my favorites. The thing about purchasing perfumes is that as long as it's the right kind, it's the same quality as it would be at the department store. Just don't go trying to get creative. Make sure you know what your loved one wears, likes, or wants. 

6. Luxury Foot Spa: $24.99, CVS
          My sister and I co-own one of these, and it's pretty great. I wish I had had it when I was walking everywhere in New York, but alas! I wouldn't have been able to fit it anywhere in my apartment.

          For the chef (or serial killer) on your list. I also like that this works on scissors. Nothing dulls the scissors like wrapping a bunch of gifts. 

8. The Clapper: $19.99, Walgreens
          This is is another tried-and-true gift. I'm going to go out on a limb here, though, and say that it's not just senior citizens who like the clapper. It's everyone. 

9. Bacon Wave: $9.99, Walgreens
          I mean....I don't really even know what this is, but I'm pretty sure it's a good gift. I think you can microwave perfect bacon with it?

          I mean...this is pretty great. If you're buying this for a kid, it's educational. Our first president had wooden teeth and leafy hair. If you're buying it for an adult, it's hilarious. 

So, hopefully when you do your last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, all these items will still be available at Walgreens, CVS, and/or Rite Aid. Good luck!

Popular Posts