Spinster Party Food: Snickers Brownies

snickers-brownies, brownies-with-snickers
Earlier this week it was time again for the office monthly birthday party. They day before, I was home with a massive migraine, so I didn't have much energy to put toward my party offering. But hooray! I had a brownie mix! In an office full of women, though, I couldn't just bring regular brownies. So, since the Reese's Pieces Brownies were such a hit last time, I decided I'd try something similar but new: Snickers Brownies! So, here's what I did:



What you'll need:


  •  Duncan Hines Brownie Mix. I prefer the Chewy Fudge Brownie or anything that comes with the extra syrup packet.
  • Whatever the back of the box asks for which is usually vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Usually a Duncan Hines Mix offers you the option of "fudge like" or "cake like" with regards to how many eggs you use. I always choose the "fudge like" option.
  • 4 to 5 Regular sized Snickers Bars.
  • Baker's Joy or Pam with Flour
  • 13x9 pan.
What to do:

  1. Follow the instructions on the back of the box for mixing in the required ingredients.
  2. Take Two and a half of the Snickers and chop them in thin slices. It helps if they're fairly cold. This way, you won't have a sticky caramel covered knife.
  3. Dump the Slices into the Brownie Mixture and Stir in with a spoon.
  4. Pour the mixture in the pan, shaking to ensure everything is distributed evenly.
  5. Cook for the amount of time suggested on the box, checking with a fork or toothpick before removing from the oven.
  6. While the Brownies are in the oven, chop the other two and a half snickers bars into thin slices.
  7. Once you've taken the Brownies out of the oven, and while they are still warm, press the think Snickers slices into the top of the uncut brownies as decoration. You man not need all two and a half. You can eat the rest. I wont' judge.
  8. Let the brownies cool and cut with a plastic knife. and EAT THEM. Or share them. 
Enjoy!


Mix the Brownie Ingredients
Slice the Snickers



Stir in the Snickers
Press Snickers Slices in to the finished Brownies - This is the finished product!

Popular Posts