Experiment: Kraft Paper Self Portrait

So, one of the greatest things about being a spinster is having hours on end to do whatever you want without someone asking you what you're doing. Some might say that's lonely, but really, think of all the stuff you can get done that way.

I guess a month or so I bought a pad of kraft paper just to experiment. You might remember the Spinster Dream House post where I used the paper for the first time. Well, this past weekend, I got a chance to do a little more experimentation, and I kind of like the result. Of course, it' not perfect, but let's talk about it anyway.

So, I took this photo a few months ago using photobooth on my ancient Macbook. That's right, I still have the laptop they don't make anymore.

Anyway, I drew the self portrait looking at the screen of my computer since I'm out of printer ink, first using a graphite mechanical pencil, then going back in with Prismacolor colored pencils. sadly, my scanner couldn't quite pick up all the subtleties in the coloring, but close enough. The only thing I really regret here is that I didn't erase all the crazy graphite lines from the initial sketch.

Aaannd...that's today's post. If you're feeling a little light on content, just stare at it for a little longer.

Popular Posts