Spinstering on a Summer Friday

Yesterday was another glorious summer friday. I had been looking forward to it all week. So, like the single lady I am, I finished the week in grand spinster style. I ate mashed potatoes, for one thing.

If you want to spinster out hard core on a summer friday, I'm going to tell you just how to do it by following my example.

Firstly, you should wake up and go for a run, followed by some frosted mini wheats. Then, you should fall pretty hard asleep on the way to work. Make sure you're sleeping hard enough that it's hard for you to open your eyes at your stop. This is key.

Around lunch time, go ahead and get lunch even though you'll be leaving half day. I suggest something really unhealthy. I went with meatballs and mashed potatoes. It just seemed right.

Leave right when you're allowed to leave, and then doze off on the train again on the way home. Once in your apartment, pass out on your bed or on your couch. It's not important which. Wake up two and a half to three hours later, confused where you are. The rest of the night should be filled with drawing, blogging, youtube videos, and Netflix.

These are all just suggestions, but I've found they work quite well. You will be sure not to run into any men or exert yourself at all. And, after a long week, isn't that what you need?

Popular Posts