Another Print and Some Book Recommendations


This morning on the treadmill, I finished listening to The Sympathizer. I haven't quite had time to process how I feel about it, so I'm not ready to write a review of any kind. Last week, I finished reading Sarah's Key in book form, not audio. That book was great, and I promptly watched the movie....which, as always, was not as good as the book (in my opinion). So, I was (and am) on the hunt for some new summer reading.

Yesterday, I posted a request on Facebook for people to give me their book recommendations for summer reading. So far, I've gotten some good leads, and I thought you might want access to this list, too!

As for the print, it really has nothing to do with this post. I just don't have an image for a reading list, and I made this print yesterday from the drawings of succulents I did for the show a few weekends ago.

Now, here's that list:

1. The Nightingale by Kristin hannah

2. I'm Your Biggest Fan by Kate Coyne

3. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

4. The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley

5. Balls by Julian Tepper

6. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

7. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

8. A Time To Kill by John Grisham

9. Ken Follett's Century Trilogy

10. Sycamore Row by John Grisham

11. The Man From Beijing by Henning Mankell

12. Cross Justice by James Patterson

13. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

14. American Gods by Neil Gaiman

15. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

16. The Life We Bury by Allen Eskins

17. Burying The Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter

18. The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare

19. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

20. 1599: A Year In The Life Of William Shakespeare by James Shapiro

I'm hoping this list develops even further in the coming days, so if it does, you can look forward to more recommendations from my Facebook friends! Do you have any recommendations for me? Leave a comment below!

Popular Posts