See You Soon! (and a brief book review)


Well...I know I've been teasing you for some time about some "big news." However, I double checked yesterday, and I'm not sure I can share it yet. I am so sorry to lead you on this way.

However, I am getting ready to go to Las Vegas, and that is why I must make a "see you soon" post. I won't be gone for that long, but I'm going to allow myself to recover and wait until next week to post again. In the meantime, if you'd like to follow along with what happens in Vegas that won't need to stay there, you can follow my Instagram (@Jonezee85).

And if you were planning to burgle my place, too bad, so sad. There will be someone staying here all day erryday.

In other news, in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, I finally finished Kate Bolick's Spinster. Unfortunately, I don't think I can recommend this for your summer reading list. It took me over a year to read this book. Instead of a rollicking celebration of single-ness that I expected, it's more like reading someone's master's thesis partnered with a diary of their own self-discovery. In other words, it's pretty dry.

I so wanted to love this book. I wanted it to be a power ballad for spinsters everywhere. Instead, it reads a little like a research paper, and on the whole, none of the women reported upon in this book were actually spinsters in the strictest sense of the word. They were either divorced, widowed, partnered, cohabitation, or lesbians. So...not really spinsters at all. This is briefly mentioned in the last part of the book, but it hardly makes up for my dashed hopes.

Plane reading, purchased before my reading list was created: Kevin Kwan's China Rich Girlfriend. I read Crazy Rich Asians last summer, and now I'm back for more. I hope this one is as much a fun summer read as the last one.

Happy Tuesday! See You Soon!

Popular Posts