Found Art: Dixi Hall Collage

This past weekend when I was at the flea market in Sumter, I visited a booth that claimed to be the largest used book library in town. The books were for sale, so I'm not sure how much of a library it was, but clearly I needed to investigate. There were so many gooks in there I was a little overwhelmed.

After the initial shock wore off, I found a little nook inside the booth that held various art and craft books, including one by Dixi Hall called Collage: The Art of Painting with Paper and Paste. It's just a little matte-paper book, bound with staples, and most of the images inside are actually black and white (or grayscale, really). I purchased this and a few other books just because they had interesting imagery, and I thought I'd share one of the images from the book today.

The image you see here is one that I scanned straight from Dixi Hall's book. It was black and white, though, so I brought it into photoshop and added a little color. I think it looks quite fun!

I hope that your Wednesday is excellent and that, perhaps, it finds you on a boat waving a flag.

Popular Posts