Spintastic: Dryer Sheets

One of the best things about moving to Atlanta is that I now have a washer and dryer in my apartment. Of course this is exponentially more convenient than having to go to the laundromat like I did when I was in New York, but there's another benefit I hadn't expected. What is that benefit, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. The washer and dryer are next to my bedroom, and every time I walk by the dryer, I get the deliciously fresh scent of laundry. That, my friends, is hard to beat.

My grandmother's laundry always smells so good, and I can never quite recreate its scent. However, I think I've gotten one step closer with the help of downy dryer sheets. When I first started using them, I put one or two in the load, and I'd leave them in my dresser drawers to keep the clothes fresh for as long as possible. However, with a little experimentation, I've discovered that the more dryer sheets you use, the better your laundry smells. Currently I'm up to 5 per load, and my apartment smells like what I think heaven must smell like. You know, kind of like extra clean clouds.

So, take it from a laundry-loving spinster. The next time you're having laundry day, throw a few extra dryer sheets in there. They make all the difference.

Popular Posts