Spinster Food: Eggs in a Nest

It's no secret that I love breakfast at any time of day, and recently I found myself in possession of some eggs that needed to be used sooner rather than later. Breakfast for dinner! I googled how to make eggs in a nest, and then I decided I'd try my own interpretation, and I thought I'd share! It's so easy, and I  think it's excellent for spinsters and non-spinsters alike. I only wish I'd had a little arugula salad with some home made vinaigrette on the side.

What You'll need:

- Two Pieces of Bread (I like Nature's Own "Healthy Multi Grain." I feel like it has a nice texture. But, I can only imagine how nice this would be with brioche)
- Two Eggs
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Cayenne Pepper
- Butter
- A Glass
- A Frying Pan
- Salsa
- Tapatio

What to do:
1. Crack Two eggs into a small mixing bowl.

2. Add Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and Cayenne Pepper...just however much you think you'll want. I also added cheese, but I think it made this recipe a little richer than maybe it should have been. You can be the judge on that one.

3. Scramble.

4. With a juice glass or biscuit cutter if you have one, cut a hole out of the center of each piece of bread. The thinner the piece of bread, the larger the hole you'll need. If you're using some nice, thick bread, you may only need to tear a little hole.


5. Melt some butter in your frying pan. Make sure it doesn't burn, but it should melt and then just barely start to sizzle.

6. Place one of your pieces of bread flat into the pan.


7. Pour half the eggs into the hole in the toast. It may overflow a little, but that's ok. It'll still taste good.


8. When the eggs start to get a little firm, this is when you'll want to, in one swift movement, turn the bread over to cook the other side.


9. If you want to make absolutely sure your eggs are done, you can flip the toast a few more times. Just don't let it burn!

10. Repeat this process with the other piece of bread, adding a little more butter before your start the process over.

11. Toast the little round pieces you cut out of the centers of your bread.


12. When all is toasted up, add a few spoonfuls of chunky salsa on top of the eggs in a nest, and cover the salsa with the toast rounds. Sprinkle a little Tapatio on there to add a little spice, and voila! Eggs in a Nest a-la spinster.


But maybe you should have a salad with yours...I think it needs a little greenery.








Popular Posts