#28: Sing Karaoke

girl-singing-karaoke, karaoke, mr.-b's-goodtime-karaoke-explosion
You may think that singing karaoke on a wednesday is a little strange. However, if you, like I, were a devotee of Mr. B's Goodtime Karaoke Explosion in the early 2000's, it seems like the best day of all. Wednesday nights, my friends, were when Karaoke was at Columbia, SC's Art Bar. Sigh, but that was then, and this is now.

I know some may think it's strange that I love karaoke so much. It's not that I'm a particularly gifted vocalist. No, in fact, I just enjoy performing, and the older one gets, the fewer opportunities for appropriate performance arise. That is to say, I'm not going to be singing in your living room because I know I'm not a gifted vocalist.

But enough about me. If you don't love performing in front of a group of strangers, there is always the private room kind of karaoke where you and your friends can liberate the songbirds within your spinsterly hearts together over snacks, etc. In my opinion, there are far too few occasions for singing Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears as it is. You must grasp ever opportunity to remedy this situation. After all, during a birthday month, you must seize the moment. You must sing Lil Mama's "Lip Gloss," or  Fiona Apple's "Criminal," or Carly Simon's "You're So Vain." You absolutely must.

Now, go forth and sing! Sing your spinsterly heart out!

Popular Posts