#25: Make a Music Video

Growing up, my hometown didn't have all the crazy stuff to do in your spare time, like say...a water park or a huge shopping mall or even a target. As such, we had to make our own fun, and one of the ways my friend Katherine and I enjoyed making our own fun was making videos and then subjecting our parents to marathons of viewing parties. We were probably ten years old, but we thought they were hilarious masterpieces.

Later, in college, my roommate and I decided we should make crazy dance videos in ridiculous costumes. At least once we subjected our friends to watching these, and I'm not sure they liked it any more than Katherine's and my parents liked the ones we made at a younger age. But you know what? It doesn't really matter. We had fun doing it, and it was good, clean fun.

So, since you're a spinster, you may have some time on your hands that you aren't spending with a boyfriend. In fact, you may be spending it with your partner-in-crime of a best friend. These are the perfect conditions to make your own music video. I made the one you'll see here below one night when I couldn't sleep, but it was still a lot of fun. My friend Rebecca made hers in the car on a road trip using a phone mount in her car. Whatever you do, though, you should celebrate your birthday today by making some sort of video. There's no other reason to do it other than the fact that it's fun. That would be all the motivation I'd need (obviously). You don't have to share it on YouTube, but if you do, super bonus points if it goes viral.

Speaking of viral, click the video below. Maybe you can help me with my lifelong goal of meeting Matt Lauer. Now that they have the Orange Room, I feel like there's the perfect venue for me to meet him and subsequently become his best friend....even though he is a hard driving interviewer sometimes.

So, today make a music video! And if you need some inspiration, check out the one I made earlier this week. I hope it makes you giggle.


Popular Posts