Spinster Shopping: Valentine's Day Chocolate


Just because you're a spinster doesn't mean you can't give Valentine's Day chocolate...to yourself or a friend. Today, I present to you some of your options. From chocolate you can find at your local drugstore to luxuries you can find across the pond, I think there's something for every spinster on this list.

Let's get started!

1. Christophe 9-Piece Assortment: $20.95, Christophe Chocolatier
          This was the first item I knew I wanted to add to this list. Christophe Artisan Chocolatier and Patisserie is a beautiful little shop off of King Street in Charleston. I love it, and I think their chocolates are beautiful. This is a special little gift for someone who will really appreciate it.

2. Valentine's Day Slices of Love 9 Piece Round Box: $28, Godiva
          If you or your Galentine loves Godiva, I think this is a really cute collection. I don't love the box, but what's inside is delightful.

3. Gourmet Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Caramel Shortbread Cookies: $16 for 8 cookies, LHE Bakes on Etsy
          I like the idea of getting something super home made for a Valentine's Day treat. While these aren't strictly chocolates, they are chocolate-covered shortbread cookies, so i think we can make an exception.

4. Harrods Alcohol Free Passionfruit Caramel Truffles: $18.01, Harrods
          I think these are really pretty - from the packaging to the metallic dusting on the truffles themselves. In addition, there's a little fruity flavor to the caramel, which I think could be a real bonus.

5. Varsano's Sea Salt Caramels: $39/lb.: Varsano's New York
          The photo of these isn't great, but I love these. Every time I'm in New York, I have to stop by Varsano's and get the milk chocolate covered sea salt caramels. They are amazing. So good. Just perfection.

6. Classic Pralines Romance Heart: $15, Lindt
          Who doesn't love lindt? I've never had their pralines, but I'm fairly confident they can get that right. This is your basic heart-shaped box full of chocolates, but I feel you can be pretty sure it will taste good.

7. Eat Your Heart Out Collection: $40, Phillip Ashley Chocolate
          What I like about this is that you can choose whether or not you want the label, among other things. Plus it's very cute.

8. Valentine Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Hearts: about $15, Taylor and Bennett
          A really nice presentation. However, it'd have to come from the UK, so...keep that in mind.

9. Ghirardelli Sweetheart Truffles: $11.95: Ghirardelli
          Ghirardelli is pretty ubiquitous, so I feel like this one will be easy to find. Plus, I know plenty of people whose favorite chocolate is already Ghirardelli. If you're one of those, this is a win-win. It's cute and festive, but it's also your favorite.

10. Chocolove *Seasonal* Truffles: $16 Chocolove
          Chocolove chocolate is one of my personal favorites. They also have a traditional heart-shaped box full of cherry cordials, but I thought this one was more interesting and offered more choices. AND, $16 is not a bad price!

11. Darling! Pop Art Chocolate Box: $38, Maggie Louise Confections
          I have no idea how this tastes, but as far as looks go, this is my favorite item on the list. How cute is this? It's perfect for spinsters, single ladies, daughters, nieces, or even your favorite makeup artist. So cute.

12. Cacao Atlanta Chocolates: $22.46, Williams Sonoma
          Chocolove is a delightful chocolate shop in Atlanta, and lucky for you, you can purchase their goods from Williams Sonoma. That means they'll come beautifully wrapped, and they can deliver to you anywhere!

Ok, I also have a bonus item I somehow forgot to add to the image, but I think it's so beautiful and such a great presentation I have to add: 21 Piece Mon Coeur Box from Francois Payard New York. It's $40, but it's beautiful.

Ok, now make sure you're set for chocolate this Valentine's Day. Since you're buying it for yourself, you know you'll get what you like best. If you're buying for me...I'll take one of each (especially 1,5,10, and 11). Happy shopping!

Popular Posts