A Red Carpet Illustration


I have to confess that I didn't watch the Oscars all the way to the end last night. I didn't see the mess at the end where they made the mistake of announcing the wrong "best picture." I did, though, see the pre-show, and my very favorite look was Taraji P. Henson in Alberta Ferretti. That blue velvet was just so perfect. Everything about this look was on point. She looked amazing. So, I thought I'd make her my image for today. I wish I'd decided to make her leg come all the way out of the slit instead of hiding a little inside of it. Her calf muscle turned out to look weird because of that but...well, it was a quick sketch.

Close second favorites were Nicole Kidman in Armani Prive, Brie Larson in Oscar de la Renta, and Hailee Steinfeld in Ralph and Russo. If you want to see some of the highlights of the red carpet, I liked this slideshow from The Standard. For a longer slideshow, here's one from Vogue.

Happy clicking!

Popular Posts