Spinster Food: I Made Dinner

pioneer-woman-mashed-potatoes


One of the things about being a Spinster is that I am able to eat whatever I want for dinner every single night. I never have to plan a real, balanced meal. Therefore, I've made it to the ripe old age of thirty without having made dinner for more than, say, two or three people. Last night, though, I made dinner for seven.

I will admit that there were a couple dishes that I didn't make. I didn't want to risk it, so I had my dad pick up some fried chicken I'd ordered at the Piggly Wiggly. With that taken care of and my sister-in-law making a pretzel-jello salad, I wasn't left with too much of the hard stuff.

Above you'll see a photo of my very successful mashed potatoes. I used the Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe my sister sent me on Pinterest, substituting red potatoes so I didn't have to peel,  as well as her EVOO Drizzled asparagus recipe.  Of course there was a salad, but that only required some chopping and grating. And then, I made Sister Schubert's Rolls because...why mess with perfection? I must say, I survived! And it was pretty good, if I do say so myself. 

While I cooked, though, I did have to ask my mom to do a centerpiece and table direction. Sorry, mom. So, here are some photos of more finished products!


Here's my Asparagus. It was so easy, and somehow I always think Asparagus is more sophisticated than green beans. I daresay it was delicious. 

fall-table-decoration, fall-table-centerpiece


And, I can't take credit for this, but my mom did make a beautiful table. I can, however, take credit for the placemats because I wove them at Penland School of Crafts. Everything else, though, is all my mom.

So, I think we had a successful dinner, and I am proud. I hope you'll try the recipes I linked herein because...they were delicious and easy enough for someone who rarely cooks.

Happy Friday!

Popular Posts