5 Things That Happened Yesterday


Sometimes when you're a spinster, you have days that are just full of happenings. They may be small happenings, but they are happenings nonetheless. This morning, we'll review five of the ones I had yesterday.

1. I had one of my new recurring dreams.
          For the past couple of years, I've had a few permutations of the same dream: There's a natural disaster of some sort in New York that involves a flood, and because of that, I need to move all of my stuff out of every apartment I've ever lived in there. Somehow the culmination of the dream is always at the apartment I had with a roommate above Da Silvano on 6th Avenue. It's always completely dark and bare, and I'm always there without permission. This time, there were parking issues and some sort of force field.

2. I turned the wrong way down a one way street.
          So, earlier this week, I finally got my parking pass. As such, the next morning, I went into the "monthly" lane in the garage. I waved my pass in front of the sensor, but nothing happened. Cars were piling up behind me, and I didn't know what to do. As it turns out, my monthly pass is for another garage. The new garage is on 15th street. Somehow, yesterday morning, I ended up on 16th street, and when I tried to make a right onto a street that would connect the two, I was absolutely shocked to find out it was a one way street. Thankfully, they had a red light.

3. I went to Sam Flax
          According to my coworker, Erin, Binders used to be the biggest and best art supply in Atlanta. That is, until Sam Flax bought out a space that used to be a Kroger. Now, they're the biggest. Of course I had to see it for myself. Even If I wasn't a spinster, art supply stores would be one of the greatest joys in my life. They are somehow exciting, calming, and overwhelming all at once. There's almost too much possibility. However, I keep telling myself I've got at least two years to take it all in.

4. I lost my car.
          After I went to Sam Flax, I decided I should take a little trip to Lenox Mall. I didn't actually buy anything, but I had a spinster date with my friend Megan at 8pm, so I had a little time to kill. I parked my car on the side of the parking garage, near the entrance to Macy's so I could remember where I left it. To further ensure I could find it, I parked by one of the columns.
          When I came out of the mall, though, my car was gone. I looked all around, and it wasn't there. There was just a puddle where my air conditioning had leaked on the pavement. I stood there for a minute wondering why they would have chosen my car out of all the others in the whole garage. But then I realized, maybe I'd parked on the level above. I had.

5. I went to Fork and Screen
          Megan and I planned a spinster date on wednesday, and she suggested Fork and Spoon, an AMC dine-in movie theater. I ate too much, and I had a cherry vanilla coke from the coke freestyle machine. Megan was hilarious as usual, and Marky Mark was pretty funny, too.

I hope you've enjoyed this recap of a day in the life of the spinster.

Popular Posts