My Strange Addiction on the Last Day

After a surprise banana pudding party on my last day of work, which I loved, I had my exit interview. The moment it was finished, I was whisked out of the office, and I wasn't sure how I should be feeling. I tried to savor the walk south on 5th Avenue and west on 35th, but I think I was in a sort of a daze. This was my last job in New York...at least for now.

Clearly, the only remedy was to have some lunch, go straight home, put on my robe, and watch a nice, full dose of My Strange Addiction. That show, oddly, is my own strange addiction. If you haven't watched it, you need to get on that. It's on Netflix or TLC. For one thing, the fact that a woman who carries a pillow around everywhere she goes has been engaged should give all spinsters hope for the future of our love lives. That's not to say, however, that we should all carry pillows, though that would make on-the-go napping easier. It's just that no matter how much of a freak these people on this show are, a lot of them happen to have fairly normal romances.

After that magnificent siesta, I was so happy I had made dinner plans with my friend Shira to take my mind off how I should be feeling about my entire life and also to discuss the weirdos on My Strange Addiction. Bareburger is amazing, and so is the nail polish selection at Duane Reade. That's what we did, and it was delightful.

More to come on the process and progress of the move. Don't worry, I'll be back to covering true spinster events once my brain starts functioning at normal levels again.



Popular Posts