Fashion Project: Colored Thumbnails


Today's image is something new for me. It's the first time I've ever colored thumbnails on my computer instead of by hand. It took longer than I thought it would, but in the end, I've used less paper, and the image is much clearer than if I'd scanned it.

To see the images larger, click on the image or open it in a new tab.

The purpose of thumbnail sketches are to show your thought process in developing a line of clothing. Of course, if you're actually designing a line, you'd need many more pieces than this. However, if the collection is particularly large, you'd want to divide the design process into different teams, and so no one would actually be making thumbnails of every item of clothing.

For a sample project, though, it's nice to have some complete looks.

This design development turned out to be al little crazier-looking than I thought it would. There are a bunch of patterns, and apparently I only like to design dresses and skirts. Still, other than jeans, how many pair of pants does a woman need? I think I may have chosen too many colors for a small collection like this.

You'll also notice that some of the girls have brightly-colored legs. That was my attempt to pull some ideas from the mood board into the sketches.

All right, that's it for today! Enjoy! Happy Thursday!

Popular Posts