Spinster Thoughts: Tina Fey


Is it me, or is Tina Fey not very funny on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? Last season she had that weird lawyer character that I assume was supposed to be funny but just made me sort of...uncomfortable (and not in a funny The Office sort of way). This season she's a therapist doing kind of a bad impression of Cecily Strong's "The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started A Conversation With At A Party."

The thing is, I love Kimmy Schmidt. I also love Tina Fey. But something weird is going on here. I'm just going to go ahead and say this out loud, too: Sisters could've been funnier.

I find this all more than a little perplexing. I loved Tina Fey as Liz Lemon. I loved her on Weekend Update. I loved Date Night. When she and Amy Poehler hosted the Golden Globes, they killed it. So, what's going on here? Maybe she's just really busy? Too busy to be as funny as she usually is? I don't know the answer. I just needed to say this out loud.

Tituss Burgess, on the other hand, continues to split my sides.

And I know i'm late to the party on season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt. I'm watching it at a snail's pace so I don't have to wait as long between seasons next time.

Oh, and in case you didn't see this, please enjoy these penguins' reaction to this man's singing:

Popular Posts