Atlanta Spinstering: The Georgia Aquarium


Last night I had a special treat and went to the Georgia Aquarium. I like aquariums (or aquaria...I have discovered that there are two plural versions of this word) because they provide a way for me to interact with nature while still being inside in a temperature-controlled environment. For someone who sweats as much as I do, this is key.

The last time I went to an Aquarium, I believe I was in fifth grade, and it was the Baltimore Aquarium. It was wonderful. I remember they had quite a good showing in the bioluminescence department. But I digress.

I thought I'd share a couple photos and a couple videos with you today from my trip to the Aquarium.
Above you'll see a photo of an iridescent fish I quite liked. I liked the shimmer of its scales, but I also liked that this fish's lips looked like they could give Kylie Jenner a run for her money. Just saying.



The next photo is just of one of the environments the Aquarium had set up for some of its fish. I thought it was very pretty and very much like something we would have used as inspiration for a fashion print. The color combination is interesting.

Also, I didn't get a photo of the cuttlefish, but they are really amazing. I watched as they changed their colors right before my eyes. It was almost like they were showing off for me. I loved it.

I also took a few videos, and I thought I'd share those here as well. I'm embedding from Instagram since the files are already posted there. This is one I took of some very graceful jellyfish. I know they can sting you, but they really are very pretty.

A video posted by jonezee85 (@jonezee85) on

And my last video is just of some fish swimming around that I thought were so peaceful. I wish I had done this whole video in one long take instead of in two segments. I still think they're really graceful, though.

A video posted by jonezee85 (@jonezee85) on

Well, that's all I've got for you! If those videos aren't showing up, I think you can click through to Instagram, and they'll work. Enjoy! I need to get to work. Happy Wednesday!

Popular Posts