Spinster Shopping: Holo There!

I have to admit something before this post gets under way. I follow Miley Cyrus on Instagram. I know. Anyone who knows me in person may find this shocking, but I am, after all, a fashion designer, and there is no denying that Miley is quite trendy these days. So, I've got to stay on top of things, and these days, things most certainly include both Tavi and Miley.

One of the things I've been noticing as I follow both of these young ladies along with other trend forecasting, pinterest, and a few terrifying tumblr (for example, this one) accounts the trend forecasting websites have suggested to me, is that the 90s are back in a huge way. "Duh," you might say. And you'd be right. I've seen the Doc Martens, the overalls, the crop tops, and the sort of flowy/saggy button front floral dresses a la Elaine Benes. I'm sad to say, however, I was not prepared for what I saw last week. And it was this: smiley faces, neon rainbows, alien heads, and holographic clothing. In short, my childhood.

But I ask you this, friends: Who among us did not have at least an iridescent pencil? Who among us did not have that folder for our very important fourth grade homework?

So, in honor of holograms, holographs, and iridescence being revived by those younger and cooler than I am, today I've put together a list. Below you'll find links for all the lovely finds in the collage above!

1. Meta Skirt: $67.80, Dolls Kill

2. ASOS Dockland Sneakers: $38.69, Asos

3. Hologram Iphone 5 Case: $32.00, Nasty Gal

4. Kate Spade new York Small Square Stud Earrings: $38, Shopbop

5. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn x UO Mini Remy Tech Crossbody Bag, $19.99, Urban Outfitters

6. Hologram Nail Polish: $10, Urban Outfitters

7. French Connection Tamara Irridescent Flat Sandals: $48.99, Saks Off 5th

8. Holographic Earrings by 416 AM: $26.28, 416AM on Etsy

9. Metallic Clutch: $66.99, Need Supply Co.

10. Gammaray Pack: $98, Dolls Kill

Happy shopping all of you! First one to buy and wear something iridescent, holographic, or hologram is officially cooler than I am!

Popular Posts