Summer Fridays Should Be All Year

phone-interview, phone-call, talking-on-the-phone, summer-fridays, friendship-bracelet
Yesterday was friday, and my office has Summer Fridays. If you're not acquainted, this is when employees can leave around 1pm or 2pm to frolic around the city and do what they will. I, for one, went straight to Astoria, stopping only at the Entenmann's Bakery Outlet to purchase a box of sof'tees plain donuts.

Inside the door of my apartment, I stripped down to my underwear while I walked to the window air conditioning unit. It had to be done.

It was 2pm, and I had a...shall we say,"very important phone call,...at 2:30 pm. So, of course, the only logical thing to do was to eat 5 of those donuts for lunch. And that's what I did. And then, at 2:30 when the phone call commenced, I conducted myself in a very professional manner all from the comfort of my bed, in my underwear, with my laptop on my belly. No one had to know...well, until now.

All this is to say, though, that I would like to do something of the like every Friday all year. No one wants to work on friday anyway. Why not just put us all out of our misery and let us take phone calls in our underwear? Think on it and get back to me. Thanks.

Popular Posts