Spinster Party Food: Reese's Pieces Brownies

So, last night I went to a rooftop BBQ, and of course I needed to bring a treat. I was going to make these brownies my mom makes with the toffee Symphony bar baked inside them, but when I couldn't find the candy bar at the grocery store, my plan was a little foiled. Brownie mix in hand, though, I stood in front of the candy thinking. Snickers? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Ah! Reese's Pieces!

So, basically all I did was follow the directions on the back of the Duncan Hines brownie mix, and then, before I put the mix in the pan, I stirred in half a large bag of Reese's Pieces. I baked for the regular amount of time, and when I pulled them out, I pushed a few more of the candies into the top of the brownies.

Well, once they'd cooled a little, and I was cutting them into squares, I took one and had a little taste. Of course I took a corner piece because those are the best. But, the peanut butter in the Reese's Pieces had melted, and it was really, really delicious. So, I recommend next time you want to jazz up your brownies, you consider trying adding some Reese's Pieces!

Also, pictured here, the Brownies are in a tin from the container store, on my navy velvet sofa, in front of the pillow my mother made and sent to me at work this week. All treats!

Popular Posts