A Watercolor Portrait and a Weird Dream


So, if you follow my Instagram, then today's imagery isn't new to you. I posted it yesterday while I worked on this watercolor portrait of Maria Nichol. The other day she posted something about "blorange" hair being a new trend, so I thought I'd try it out with watercolors. Below you'll find the result.



Now for that weird dream.

For a while now I've had this recurring nightmare. It's not scary in the usual "someone's chasing me," way. It's more of a real life scary. So here it is:

I'm playing with my puppy (or puppies...last night it was just Miranda), and up comes another dog that I'd forgotten all about. I hadn't been feeding it or playing with it or anything. I hadn't seen it in weeks or months. I'd replaced it with Miranda, who looked exactly the same and had the same name. The shame, guilt, and sadness are overwhelming when I realize I've been neglecting this poor, helpless creature, and I try to make amends.

Such a weird and scary dream, right? I'm going to keep a very close eye on Miranda...forever.

I hope you have a happy Wednesday and that you hug your pet.

Popular Posts