Another Coloring Page and Some Links


It's Friday, and I've got a couple of fun Friday activities for you. First, I made you another coloring page. I made this one in Illustrator, so It's a bit more uniform and has some finer lines. Second, I have some links for you. These are just really random links I think you might enjoy perusing before you do any real work. So, let's get started!

1. The History of the Toothbrush:
          I thought this whole thing was interesting. A prisoner was the first person to create something that resembles the modern toothbrush as we know it. I think it's also crazy to note that, according to this wikipedia article, people didn't really start brushing their teeth regularly until after WWII.

2. Along the same lines....
          Ever wonder why you see so many floss picks/floss holders on the ground in urban areas? When I used to do community service for work in New York, the most common thing I would find on the banks of rivers were floss picks. So weird. So, I did a little googling. The only interesting answer I found (thought unsubstantiated, it's the only thing that really makes sense other than people loving to floss their teeth...which, come on...) is that it's a cheap/disposable way to smoke crack. Crazy, right?

3. L.A. Frock Stars:
          I'm super late to the party on this one, but I'm loving this series from the Smithsonian Channel. It's about a high end vintage boutique in Los Angeles, and I think you should check it out.

4. Single Swag:
          In case you didn't see my post on Facebook about this yesterday, there's a new mail-order-subscription-club for single ladies, and it's called single swag. Could be a fun and interesting thing to make you glad you're single every month!

5. Out by Natsuo Kirino:
          I've been listening to this book on the treadmill for a few weeks now. I find it thoroughly engrossing. It's about a group of women who work at a factory, the people they know, and a murder that's committed near the beginning of the story. I can't tell you much more, but the fallout is amazing, and I'm sad this one will be over soon.

Happy Friday! I hope it's a great one!

Popular Posts