Jury Duty and Some Thoughts


Yesterday I had to report for jury duty for the first time in my 31 years. I had to report to the courthouse before doggy daycare opened, so I was really hoping I wouldn't get chosen. I didn't want the poor baby Miranda to be sitting all by her lonesome all day while I sat in a chair trying not to fall asleep. So, I read a couple articles online.

The articles were written in such a way that would help someone who actually wanted to be selected to be on the jury of a trial. So, I just took their advice and did the opposite. I wore fashion-y clothes, big earrings, pulled my hair back really tight and neat, and I wore some bright red lipstick. I didn't have any conflicting answers to the questions they asked (it was only a traffic-related case), but I still wasn't selected. I can only believe that it was the red lipstick. So, that's why I chose this illustration today, though Im' fairly sure I've published it here before. I was just too tired to think of anything else.

Now for the thoughts:

1. I fell off the treadmill this morning. Yes, that happened, and there was someone in there who saw it. This wasn't just like a stumble. I straight up fell off and sort of twisted my ankle. I have a little bit of a bruise just below my knee. I am an adult.

2. It is rude to talk on the phone while you're in the fitness center. It astounds me how many people don't understand this simple rule of human decency. Working out is already terrible. Don't make it worse by  making me listen to your conversation...unless it's juicy...

3. Is it bad that I'm not sad Brangelina is over?

4. I have a rolling rack I got from Ikea, and it was only $12.99. It's pretty light weight, but I'm not  using it for winter coats or rolling it down the streets of New York, so it was a bargain.

5. I bought Starbucks VIA Latte Caffe Mocha at the grocery store, and it was not delicious.

Ok. That's all for now. Happy Thursday!

Popular Posts