Up For Discussion: One Cat 12 Ways


I'm going to start work on a large cat painting this week, but I have found myself quite without any idea of what colors I want to use. So, I took to Pinterest. I took to Pinterest, but even there I couldn't decide. So, I colored up my reference image in 12 different ways. I do this when I client wants to see different color options before making their final decision of what colors they'd like. Many have commented in the past how interesting it looks, so I thought I'd show you a little contact sheet here today. This is very much like something I would have done when I was in fashion design. Instead of a cat painting, though, it might be a print or stripe layout or a pair of shoes.

So, what do you think? Any preferences? So far, I think my favorites are options 3, 6, 7, and 10. But now that I write that, I think...should I include 8, 9, and 11 as well? I don't know. Leave a comment below or on The Spinsterhood Diaries Facebook page. I would greatly appreciate it.

Popular Posts