Spinster Party Questions: Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I like candy, and I like costumes, so obviously it's a perfect storm where I'm concerned. Of course, now I can't trick or treat, but this way I just buy the candy I really want. And no one will give me pennies or a toothbrush. Who ever heard of such? Who brushes their teeth? Ok, maybe I got carried away. I brush my teeth.

Anyway, I love to ask people what their best halloween costume was as a child. I have yet to meet anyone who's dressed as Scout Finch in the ham costume, but I have heard some pretty good ones. One of the best ones was a girl whose mom made her a home made sloth costume complete with long fingers. Pretty impressive.

My cousin Katie was a giant gift box, and my sister was a pumpkin. My favorite childhood Halloween costume, to no one's surprise, was a black cat. I wore a short sleeve black leotard, black tights, and my mom let me wear my tap shoes. And I loved it. And I love kittens.

So, the next time you're at a party, ask what everyone's favorite Halloween costume was. I'm willing to bet there will be some pretty cute and/or awesome answers.

Popular Posts